CONTROL AIDED TEST
Computer Aided Test (CAT) is a test bench which is specifically designed to undertake diagnostics function is testing all Circuit Card Assemblies (CCAs) produced by L3MAPPS.
The CAT allows a technician to go one step further. Using an extensive list of tests pre-programmed into the CAT, the technician is capable of further isolating which sub-system on the CCA has failed.
All L-3 MAPPS VME CCAs perform an exhaustive “Go/No-Go” Built-In Test (BIT) at power-up,and indicate the status through an LED on the CCA’s front plate, as well as depositing an error code into the CCA’s status register.
CAT test and troubleshoot the following L-3 MAPPS VME Circuit Card
• VDMC-P3 • VDMC-PM • VAI-48 • VAO-8 • VDI-48 • VDOP-24 • VLLI-24 • VFDI-4 • VDSI • VFBI
• VSVI • VFOS • VGOS
Graphical User Interface (GUI), with the following
• The CAT GUI has a separate screen for each CCA type
• Navigating between CCA types with the CAT GUI is simple and intuitive
• The CAT GUI allows the user to select different tabs of a given CCA should
there be differing tests for each
• The CAT GUI allows the user to call up PDF documents providing more in-depth information when required
• Re-program the L-3 MAPPS firmware residing on the Compact Flash memory card installed on the VDMC-P3 and VDMC-PM using a Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) USB memory card reader/writer.
• The CAT also has the capability to re-program the L-3 MAPPS firmware on non-VDMC VME CCAs using an “ispDownload cable” from Lattice Semiconductors.